Arts Consulting Group
Arts Consulting Group (ACG) is the leading provider of hands-on interim management, executive search, revenue enhancement, strategic planning & community engagement, facilities & program planning, and capacity building services for the arts and culture industry. Founded in 1997, ACG is a full-service firm working with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, universities, government agencies, and for-profit entities that operate in the creative industries. The firm takes a contemporary approach to client challenges and opportunities focused on growing institutions, advancing arts and culture, and enhancing communities. ACG senior team members have leadership experience in every type of artistic and cultural discipline and they seamlessly adapt to clients’ rapidly changing strategies, business models, and operating environments.
The firm continues its rapid growth and currently has locations in Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC. ACG employees and consultants are embedded in communities throughout North America to invigorate clients so that they can achieve the delicate balance between cultural impacts and business sustainability.
Based in ACG’s Boston location and reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration (SVP-FA), the Accounting Manager will be a highly organized and effective team member who works closely with ACG’s multinational professionals to provide support in accounting, proposals and contracts, and business administration.
Roles and Responsibilities
Accounting and Business Administration
- Maintain accurate general ledger accounts, perform accrual accounting, monitor budgets, and assist in practice area and firm financial tracking, including recordkeeping and inter-fund transfers between the United States and Canadian companies.
- Create and process client invoices, including managing accounts receivable and collections
- Enter and process client reimbursements receivable and employee reimbursements payable.
- Process accounts payable and update expense schedules, including prepaid expenses.
- Utilize payroll system to process payroll, paid time off accruals and actuals, and other payroll related functions.
- Record income and update deferred revenue schedules
- Reconcile credit card statements and post transactions into the general ledger.
- Allocate project related payroll and employee reimbursements between cost of sales and operating expenses.
- Make periodic bank deposits, monitor wire transfers, and reconcile United States and Canadian bank accounts.
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of the monthly financial statements.
- Provide onboarding of new consultants and employees with the SVP-FA.
- Perform other accounting and business administration related duties as needed.
Proposal and Contract Monitoring
- Participate in proposal tracking, project agreement preparation, client reporting, and outside vendor interactions
- Track proposal progress from initial client submission through contract execution
- Prepare project scope agreements expeditiously for project team members when client contracts are signe
- Maintain active and updated client lists in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Manage
- Ensure that team members track and report hours accurately and in a timely manner
- Create Consultant Utilization Reports for clients based on project team member reporting
- Assist in providing information to practice area leaders to effectively manage and control employee and consultant billable and non-billable time, fees, and expenses.
- Support and provide requested information to senior management, attorneys, accounting firm, insurance carriers, and other outside vendors as needed
- Perform other proposal and contract monitoring duties as needed.
Administrative and Operational Support
- Follow firm methodologies, templates, and project reporting guidelines.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings.
- Embrace other administrative duties as needed.
Traits and Characteristics
The successful Accounting Manager will be a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with excellent accounting, written, and oral communication skills. This individual will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, maintain and develop routinized systems, and deliver highly efficient and effective office operations and communication. A flexible and adaptable team player, the Accounting Manager will demonstrate speed, accuracy, reliability, personal accountability, and interpersonal skills in working with internal team members and external constituents. They will be motivated by data analysis, building knowledge, intellectual growth, and the maintenance of a complete, current, and responsive financial and time tracking system that supports ACG’s as well mission, vision, values, and strategic goals.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration and at least three years of related experience are preferred. Applicants with an associate’s degree and at least five years of related experience will also be considered. Knowledge and usage of QuickBooks Pro is required. Experience using QuickBase is preferred. Microsoft Word, Outlook, and advanced Excel skills are expected.
Compensation and Benefits
ACG offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience, that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off; 401(k) employer match; and other benefits. This position may offer a combination of in-office and work-from-home options.
Applications and Inquiries
To submit a cover letter and resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments, please click here. For questions or general inquiries about this job opportunity, please contact:
Ms. Wyona Lynch-McWhite
Senior Vice President
292 Newbury Street, Suite 315
Boston, MA 02115-2801
Tel (888) 234.4236 Ext. 225
Arts Consulting Group welcomes all qualified applicants and highly values
inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, which are embedded in the
uniqueness of the vibrant creative industries.
Click here for the downloadable PDF.