Arts Consulting Group (ACG) is the leading provider of hands-on interim management, executive search, revenue enhancement, strategic planning & community engagement, facilities & program planning, and capacity building services for the arts and culture industry. Founded in 1997, ACG is a full-service firm working with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, universities, government agencies, and for-profit entities that operate in the creative industries. The firm takes a contemporary approach to client challenges and opportunities focused on growing institutions, advancing arts and culture, and enhancing communities. ACG senior team members have leadership experience in every type of artistic and cultural discipline and they seamlessly adapt to clients’ rapidly changing strategies, business models, and operating environments.
The firm currently has locations in Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, San Diego, San Francisco, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, DC. ACG employees and consultants are embedded in communities throughout North America to invigorate clients so that they can achieve the delicate balance between cultural impacts and business sustainability.
Based remotely in the Boston area and reporting to the Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration (SVP-FA), the Accounting Manager will be a highly organized and effective team member who works closely with ACG’s multinational professionals to provide support in accounting, proposals and contracts, and business administration.
Roles and Responsibilities
Accounting and Business Administration
- Maintain accurate general ledger accounts, perform accrual accounting, and assist in financial tracking, including recordkeeping and international inter-fund transfers.
- Create and process client invoices, including managing accounts receivable and collections
- Enter and process client reimbursements receivable and employee reimbursements payable.
- Process accounts payable and update expense schedules, including prepaid expenses
- Ensure that team members track and report hours accurately and in a timely manner
- Utilize payroll system to process payroll, paid time off accruals and actuals, and other payroll related functions
- Record income and update deferred revenue schedules
- Reconcile credit card statements and post transactions into the general ledger.
- Allocate project related payroll and employee reimbursements between cost of sales and operating expenses.
- Make periodic bank deposits, monitor wire transfers, and reconcile bank accounts
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of the monthly financial statements.
- Provide onboarding of new consultants and employees with the SVP-FA.
- Perform other accounting and business administration related duties as needed.
Proposal and Contract Monitoring
- Participate in proposal tracking, project agreement preparation, client reporting, and outside vendor interactions.
- Track proposal progress from initial client submission through contract execution.
- Prepare project scope agreements expeditiously for project team members when client contracts are signed
- Prepare and distribute billing milestone reports to practice leaders
- Create Consultant Utilization Reports for clients based on project team member reporting.
- Assist in providing information to practice area leaders to effectively monitor employee and consultant billable and non-billable time, fees, and expenses.
- Support and provide requested information to senior management, attorneys, accounting firm, insurance carriers, and other outside vendors as needed.
- Perform other proposal and contract monitoring duties as needed.
Administration and Technology Support
- Follow firm methodologies, templates, and project reporting guidelines.
- Troubleshoot technology system issues, as needed.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings and training.
- Embrace other administrative and technology support duties as needed.
Traits and Characteristics
The successful Accounting Manager will be a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with excellent accounting, written, and oral communication skills. This individual will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, maintain and develop routinized systems, and deliver highly efficient and effective office operations and communication. A flexible and adaptable team player, the Accounting Manager will demonstrate speed, accuracy, reliability, personal accountability, and interpersonal skills in working with internal team members and external constituents. They will be motivated by data analysis, building knowledge, intellectual growth, and the maintenance of a complete, current, and responsive financial and time tracking system that supports ACG as well as its mission, vision, values, and strategic goals.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent work experience, and at least three years in a similar role are preferred. Applicants with an associate’s degree and at least five years of related experience will also be considered. Knowledge and regular usage of QuickBooks Pro is required. Experience using Expensify, Bill.com, and QuickBase are appreciated. Office365, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and advanced Excel skills are expected.
Compensation and Benefits
ACG offers a competitive compensation package expected in the range of $55,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience, that includes subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off; 401(k) employer match; and other benefits. This position may offer a combination of in-office and work-from-home options.
Applications and Inquiries
To submit a cover letter and resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments, please click here or visit artsconsulting.com/employment. For questions or general inquiries about this job opportunity please contact:
Ms. Roberta Vigliani
Senior Vice President, Finance & Administration
292 Newbury Street, Suite 315
Boston, MA 02115-2801
Tel (888) 234.4236 Ext. 204
Arts Consulting Group welcomes all qualified applicants and highly values inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, which are embedded in the uniqueness of the vibrant creative industries and the culture of the firm.
Click here for the downloadable PDF.