Arts Consulting Group
Senior Consultant - Contributed Revenue Enhancement
Arts Consulting Group (ACG) is the leading provider of hands-on interim management, executive search, revenue enhancement, strategic planning & community engagement, facilities & program planning, and capacity building services for the arts and culture industry. Founded in 1997, ACG is a full-service firm working with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, universities, government agencies, and for-profit entities that operate in the creative industries. The firm takes a contemporary approach to client challenges and opportunities focused on growing institutions, advancing arts and culture, and enhancing communities. ACG senior team members have leadership experience in every type of artistic and cultural discipline and they seamlessly adapt to clients’ rapidly changing strategies, business models, and operating environments.
ACG continues to promote governance, board recruitment, and contributed revenue models that move clients towards amplifying diversity of both people and perspectives. We partner with organizations that support emerging leaders of color in the field and provide bias training, anti-racism educational resources, and project-specific inclusion strategies for every committee and client with whom we work. ACG composes client reports and public communication with ongoing sensitivity towards race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, and inherent power language.
ACG strongly encourages clients to be proactive participants in their efforts to disrupt and end systemic racism. With this framing in mind, ACG collaborates with clients and organizations that seek to embrace the following S.A.F.E. actions:
Set institutional policies that strengthen equity, diversity, and inclusion in programming, staffing, governing, fundraising, and serving communities.
Assert their commitment to anti-racism, inclusion, diversity, equity, and access values.
Form inclusive committees with an equity lens, including those who are not currently members of the existing board or management power structures.
Evaluate qualitative and quantitative data to minimize unconscious biases in assessments and decision making.
The firm currently has locations in Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, DC. ACG employees and consultants are embedded in communities throughout North America to invigorate clients so that they can achieve the delicate balance between cultural impacts and business sustainability.
Senior Consultants in the Contributed Revenue Enhancement practice will deliver superior services to clients in capital campaign planning and management, interim contributed revenue leadership, development assessments and strategic recommendations, donor research and planning, and other fundraising areas. Successful Senior Consultants will be entrepreneurial self-starters who achieve tangible outcomes for clients as team players with their ACG colleagues.
Roles and Responsibilities
Project Leadership and Support
- Lead, guide, or otherwise participate on contributed revenue enhancement project teams that meet client goals and exceed expectations.
- Serve in interim contributed revenue leadership roles as needed as part of ACG’s Leadership Transitions area, providing expert, results-driven advice and counsel.
- Deliver superior, objective, and well-written reports to clients.
- Make effective presentations to clients, facilitate committee discussions, and advance consensus-built decision-making processes.
- Focus on the effective and efficient use of time and resources to meet project goals and associated client and firm deliverables that are on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Adhere to firm branding and contributed revenue methodologies, policies, procedures, and project reporting guidelines.
- Embrace other project leadership and support roles and responsibilities as needed.
Client Cultivation and Business Development
- Gain access and respond to capital campaign management, fundraising feasibility study, donor research, and development assessment requests for proposals (RFPs) as available.
- Identify and pursue interim contributed revenue leadership roles for ACG employees and consultants.
- Provide subject matter expertise in contributed revenue processes in executive search, facilities & program planning, and other capacity building services as appropriate.
- Embrace other client cultivation and business development roles and responsibilities as appropriate.
Firm Capacity Building and Team Participation
- Create synergy within a distributed workforce with a one firm, one team model through virtual and in-person convenings.
- Share expertise with other ACG team members to build the firm’s intellectual capacity in meeting contemporary challenges and needs.
- Participate in ongoing educational programs, training, meetings, and other activities to maintain the highest level of knowledge within the industry.
- Develop effective service integration between practice areas and locations in business development and communication, as appropriate.
- Embrace other firm capacity building and team participation roles and responsibilities as needed.
Traits and Characteristics
Successful Senior Consultants will be entrepreneurial and resilient self-starters with a commitment and connection to the arts and culture field and the capacity to achieve demonstrable accomplishments in the creative industries. Senior Consultants will simultaneously learn from the past, live in the present, and look to the future. These subject matter experts will demonstrate exceptional donor and customer focus while exhibiting initiative, prioritizing tasks, and achieving desired outcomes. Senior Consultants must be able to move from analysis to dialogue to decision making, establish and maintain trust with clients and colleagues, and develop hands-on strategies that inspire clients to implement their goals.
Senior Consultants will embody the highest ethical standards in the mentorship of ACG’s clients, consultants, and all those who support the arts and culture field. Senior Consultants will be objective listeners and flexible team players who enjoy working in collaboration with international colleagues. As experts in the field, Senior Consultants will embrace a learning and teaching approach, build impactful intellectual and social capacity, and value the diplomacy and tact required to move people and projects forward. With a deep understanding and motivation for effectively and efficiently achieving results, Senior Consultants will have an unwavering commitment to growing institutions, advancing arts and culture, and enhancing communities.
A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of seven years of experience in senior development and/or fundraising consulting roles, preferably in the arts and culture field, are required. A demonstrable track record in contributed revenue enhancement is necessary. Additional certifications, educational accomplishments, and bilingual fluency (English/French or English/Spanish) are appreciated. Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills and superior organizational capabilities are needed. Multiple accomplishments in complex environments and multifaceted computer literacy, including Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), are essential. Frequent travel may be required depending on the nature of project engagements, their location, and the policies associated with pandemic recovery efforts.
Compensation and Benefits
ACG offers independent contractor project engagements for Senior Consultants with the opportunity to grow one’s client portfolio over time, if desired, to achieve full-time employment. Employees receive a competitive base salary and discretionary bonus opportunities, as well as benefits that would include various health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans; matching 401(k)/RRSP; and paid time off, among others. Senior Consultants will be based in a major metropolitan area of the United States or Canada. A dynamic company, fluid work environment, fascinating client experiences, and highly synergistic team are emblematic of ACG.
201 West Lake Street, Suite 133
Chicago, IL 60606-1803
Tel (888) 234.4236 Ext. 227
Arts Consulting Group welcomes all qualified applicants and
highly values inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, which are
embedded in the uniqueness of the vibrant creative industries.
Click here for the downloadable PDF.