Marketing & Communications Assistant
Arts Consulting Group (ACG) is the leading provider of hands-on interim management, executive search, revenue enhancement, strategic planning & community engagement, facilities & program planning, and other capacity building services for the arts and culture industry. Founded in 1997, ACG is a full-service firm that effectively works with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, universities, government agencies, and for-profit entities that operate in the creative industries. The firm takes a contemporary approach to client challenges and opportunities focused on growing institutions, advancing arts and culture, and enhancing communities. ACG senior team members have leadership experience in every type of artistic and cultural discipline and they seamlessly adapt to clients’ rapidly changing strategies, business models, and operating environments.
ACG’s commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Success (IDEAS) means that team members work closely with each client to understand the intersectionality of programs, audiences, educational activities, governance, and management with a clear focus on the communities these organizations seek to serve. Each client is unique and therefore these areas require careful discussion and consensus within the organization to ensure clarity at the launch of and throughout any consulting process. ACG also actively engaged in ongoing collective internal growth and team improvement around IDEAS principles with formal training and research focused on broader societal understanding and learning.
The firm currently has locations in Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, DC. ACG employees and consultants are embedded in communities throughout North America to invigorate clients so that they can achieve the delicate balance between cultural impacts and business sustainability.
Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager (Manager) and working closely with the Marketing & Communications Associate (Associate), the Marketing & Communications Assistant (Assistant) will provide support for ACG’s internal marketing team. This individual will provide operational and administrative support for all aspects of the firm’s marketing efforts, including reporting, content production, social media, and brand standards. Their primary responsibilities will be to write and publish Executive Placement Announcements, update client lists, and gather client references. They will also assist in all marketing and communication activities, specifically those involving national and international conference preparation, business development research, and data management. This will be a part-time contract position, working 21 hours per week for an engagement of nine months.
Roles and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
- Assist the Manager and Associate in maintaining communication calendars and inventory of marketing materials.
- Support the Associate in updating ACG’s social media channels, creating monthly content calendars, regularly posting up-to-date content.
- Collaborate with executive search project leads to write, edit, publish, and distribute Executive Placement Announcements.
- Update and maintain ACG client lists, spreadsheets, and logos quarterly and compile custom client lists for proposals and other materials as required.
- Write and edit client references, collaborate with consultants to gather client and project information.
- Maintain national and international conference information and communicate key deadlines to ACG team members.
- Manage and oversee all of ACG’s Team on Tour conferences, including building emails, posting information to the website, and providing support to conference attendees, as needed.
- Create and update ACG materials, including business cards, headshots, letter head, and conference collateral, as needed.
- Embrace other marketing and communications responsibilities as needed.
Reporting and Data Entry
- Collect all contact information from client projects, conferences, and other databases and format them for inclusion into Constant Contact in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update various internal reports, including monthly email statistics.
- Send click-through reports for all job opportunity emails on a timely basis.
- Track monthly social media statistics for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Research various industry job posting sites to monitor the field and track competitor activities on a weekly basis.
- Set up and regularly review Google alerts to share with team members as appropriate.
- Embrace other reporting and data entry responsibilities as needed.
Administrative and Operational Support
- Participate in weekly MarComm team meeting.
- Participate in ongoing educational programs, training, meetings, webinars, and other activities to maintain the highest level of knowledge within the industry.
- Help build the brand, visibility, and presence of ACG locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Manage and update staff directory and assist with the onboarding of team members related to marketing and communications processes.
- Embrace other administrative and operational support responsibilities as needed.
Traits and Characteristics
The successful Assistant will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks quickly and accurately. They will have the ability to develop and maintain routinized systems for reporting and content production. Highly organized and detail-oriented, this individual will be agile using technology and software systems. A responsive and flexible team player, this individual will demonstrate reliability and personal accountability, communicate effectively, address immediate requests and critical deadlines, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while supporting the mission, vision, and values of ACG.
Two years of experience in an administrative and/or marketing and communications role is required. Those who are working towards or have earned a degree in business, marketing, or a related field are encouraged to apply. Strong writing and editing capabilities are necessary and basic design, email marketing, and website development skills are desired. A high level of technological proficiency is required and familiarity with Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact, and/or WordPress is preferred. Excellent record-keeping abilities and accurate data entry skills are necessary. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in or passion for the arts. The ability to perform in a remote, distributed workforce model is necessary.
Compensation and Benefits
ACG offers an hourly rate of $24. This position is expected to work 21 hours per week. Working hours are flexible and will be discussed during the interview process. This position will be 100 percent remote, based anywhere with internet access in the United States and Canada.
Applications and Inquiries
To submit a cover letter and resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments (electronic submissions preferred), please click here or visit artsconsulting.com/employment. For questions or general inquiries about this job opportunity, please contact:
Wendi Griffiths, Marketing & Communications Manager
324 South Wilmington Street, Suite 252
Raleigh, NC 27601-1847
Tel (888) 234.4236 Ext. 231
Arts Consulting Group welcomes all qualified applicants and highly values inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, which are embedded in the uniqueness of the vibrant creative industries and the culture of the firm.
Click here for the downloadable PDF in English.