Arts Consulting Group (ACG) is the leading provider of hands-on interim management, executive search, revenue enhancement, strategic planning & community engagement, facilities & program planning, and other capacity building services for the arts and culture industry. Founded in 1997, ACG is a full-service firm that effectively works with a wide range of nonprofit organizations, universities, government agencies, and for-profit entities that operate in the creative industries. The firm takes a contemporary approach to client challenges and opportunities focused on growing institutions, advancing arts and culture, and enhancing communities. ACG senior team members have leadership experience in every type of artistic and cultural discipline, and they seamlessly adapt to clients’ rapidly changing strategies, business models, and operating environments.
ACG’s commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Success (IDEAS) means that team members work closely with each client to understand the intersectionality of programs, audiences, educational activities, governance, and management with a clear focus on the communities these organizations seek to serve. Each client is unique and therefore these areas require careful discussion and consensus within the organization to ensure clarity at the launch of and throughout any consulting process. ACG also actively engaged in ongoing collective internal growth and team improvement around IDEAS principles with formal training and research focused on broader societal understanding and learning.
The firm currently has locations in Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Portland, Raleigh, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Tampa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington, DC. ACG employees and consultants are embedded in communities throughout North America to invigorate clients so that they can achieve the delicate balance between cultural impacts and business sustainability.
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Operations (DFO), the Operations Associate will be a highly organized, tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and effective team member who will provide IT assistance to ACG’s multinational professionals, aid in the maintenance of and improvement to ACG systems and software programs, and support the business office team in effectively managing day-to-day processes related to proposed and active consulting projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
Business Administration and Technology Support
- Onboard and train employees and client job candidates on the Concur platform, maintain those records, troubleshoot associated technology issues, and act as main liaison to Concur tech support.
- Maintain and reconcile corporate credit cards in Concur; assist Accounting Associate and DFO with reconciliation of Concur transactions in QuickBooks Online.
- Assist DFO with regular maintenance of Quickbase relational database and associated applications, including but not limited to creating and managing reports, updating company and project records, and producing reports upon request of ACG team members.
- Support DFO in performing regular upgrades to Quickbase and other related technologies for increased planning, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Help formalize and maintain onboarding process for all staff in technology systems, as well as other business office related duties.
- Maintain phone system and corporate Zoom account; assist DFO with maintenance and administration of Microsoft Office 365 environment.
- Act as a primary liaison to third-party information technology vendor(s).
- Maintain records regarding company-owned computer hardware and associated software, and remotely support the technology requests of the team.
- Assist DFO with effective maintenance of department SharePoint and related file organization and record-keeping.
- Help the business office to manage requests for supplies and/or software.
- Follow firm methodologies, templates, and project reporting guidelines.
- Attend and actively participate in regular team meetings and training.
- Embrace other business office, technology, and project duties support as needed.
Project Contract Monitoring
- Perform data entry and maintenance of Quickbase project records from initial proposal request through project close.
- Maintain records of Cost Trackers and Hours Reallocation requests for each project, input cost tracker information into Quickbase; Establish and maintain project and consultant billing codes; Upon request by SVPs or Practice Leaders, perform hours reallocations in Quickbase.
- Distribute weekly Quickbase reports to staff for review.
- Assist DFO as requested with creation of monthly Time Utilization Forecasting and Consultant Utilization Reports.
- Embrace other proposal and contract monitoring duties as needed.
Traits and Characteristics
The successful Operations Associate will be a highly organized and detail-oriented professional with excellent written and oral communication skills. This individual will be a motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, maintain and develop routinized systems, and deliver highly efficient and effective office operations and communication. A flexible and adaptable team player, the Operations Associate will demonstrate speed, accuracy, reliability, personal accountability, and interpersonal skills in working with internal team members and external constituents.
An associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience, in computer science, business administration, project management, or related field, and at least three years in a similar role is required. Experience using Quickbase or similar relational databases, as well as SAP Concur or similar expense management software, is required. Strong knowledge of both Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as the Microsoft Office365 suite of applications, Zoom, and other platforms is strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
ACG offers a competitive compensation package expected in the range of $45,000 to $55,000, commensurate with experience, which includes subsidized medical, dental, vision, and life insurances; unlimited paid time off; 401(k) employer match; and other benefits are available. This position will offer a primarily remote work environment with periodic in person team summit and other meetings.
Applications and Inquiries
To submit a cover letter and resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments, please click here or visit artsconsulting.com/employment. For questions or general inquiries about this job opportunity please contact:
Director, Finance & Operations
292 Newbury Street, Suite 315
Boston, MA 02115-2801
Tel (888) 234.4236 Ext. 217
Arts Consulting Group, Inc. and Arts Consulting Group Canada, Ltd. welcome all qualified applicants and highly values inclusion, diversity, equity, and access, which are embedded in the uniqueness of the vibrant creative industries and the culture of the firm.
Click here for the downloadable PDF in English.